A few simple swaps makes for a healthier and even more delicious version than the original. Great to have in the fridge for work lunches, this a go to in our house. It’s also gluten free and low carb. Up the cheese and add fried bacon for a keto version, and I sometimes add some cherry tomatoes on top for an extra pop of flavour.
GLUTEN FRE | VEGETARIAN | LOW CARB | KETO | MAKE AHEAD
What you need:
- 2 or 3 large zucchini, grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated cheese, any kind you like but a mix is best
- salt and pepper
- 8 large eggs
- one geased and lined brownie pan, approx 28cm x 18cm
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl add the grated zucchini, cheeses, almond flour, salt and pepper, and bacon if using.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, and add to the zucchini mix, and combine well.
- Pour into a lined brownie pan and spread out evenly, and pop cherry tomatoes on top now if using them. bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until looks golden and fluffy. Let it cool slightly before serving.