What started life as a basic but delicious corn salsa has since been tweaked and added to until finally, I dare say, we’ve reached salsa perfection. Perfection as in, it’s still a great accompaniment but can now stand proudly on its own as a killer salad or side. The addition of chorizo, strangely something that I don’t really love or even eat, was brilliant.
What you need
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 corn cobs
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, diced just before serving
- fresh parsley and mint, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion or spring onion, diced
- EVOO, lemon juice, and salt and pepper for dressing
What to do
Begin by slicing the chorizo thinly and frying until crispy. Set aside, wipe out the pan, and fry the corn cobs until just as blackened as you like them. Leave the chorizo and corn to cool for a little bit. When the corn has cooled slice the kernels off the husk.
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, beans, chorizo, onion, herbs, and chili. Dress with just enough dressing to give it that little flavour hit without drowning it. Finish with the diced avocado. Enjoy!