Another day another quinoa salad…
The quantities stated will feed four to six adults generously.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- one and a half cups of tri colour quinoa, cooked according to packet instructions
- one bunch of baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- a bag of baby spinach
- one can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- optional for non vegans: feta or goats cheese
WHAT TO DO:
- Pre heat your oven to 200 C. Place the carrots on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When the oven is ready roast the carrots for about ten minutes before adding the pumpkin to the tray, repeating the oil/seasoning step as per carrots. Cook for approximately fifteen minutes or until just tender but not too soft.
- While the quinoa is warm but not hot add the lentils and baby spinach and stir through. The spinach should just start to wilt. Add the roast vegetables while they are also warm and gently, using your hands, toss through to combine.
- Dress with a little more olive oil and the juice of one lemon, season with salt and pepper, dot with cheese if using, and enjoy.